Engineering & Reliability Manager
We are a fast-growing, innovative FMCG Manufacturer with strong ethics and a love for keeping it real. Our success comes from having a great team of people behind some pet favourite brands such as Ivory Coat, Farmers Market, Nature’s Gift, Trilogy & Fussy Cat!
That's where you come in...
We are looking for a highly experience Site Engineering & Reliability Manager (ERM), responsible for leading the engineering and maintenance function for the site and a key member of the site leadership team.
The ERM will deliver continuous improvement to plant efficiencies, cost of maintenance, energy & water consumption, and compliance to RPFC & legislative standards through development and delivery of the sites Reliability Maturity Strategy, effective leadership of the Engineering & Reliability team, and maintaining the sites 3-year Site Master Plan including management of project resources to deliver the sites annual capital plan.
Accountable for the overall lifecycle of all plant and equipment on site post installation through to decommissioning by:
- Understanding all relevant RPFC and legislative standards, and implementing strategies to deliver compliance in plant & equipment, building & utilities, and execution of work
- Working with group engineering to continuously develop and deliver the site reliability maturity strategy & leading the engineering team to ensure continuously improved reliability, cost of maintenance, & energy / water consumption
- Manage planned and breakdown maintenance activities in a 24/7 manufacturing environment to reduce plant downtime through the use of maintenance plans, robust performance measurement tools and ongoing improvement plans
- Accountable for delivery of the R&M budget & spares inventory management to set targets.
- Partnering with the Site Manager and the operations team to ensure high levels of productivity, safety and quality on the site
- Manages the development & delivery of the site capital plan by:
- Working with site stakeholders in developing and maintaining the 3 year Site Master Plan
- Oversee the approval and implementation of the portfolio of site projects in partnership with the site leadership team
- Manage & ensure the right sizing of the capital project delivery team
- Work with group engineering to ensure all project governance, process, & project control procedures are in use
- Ensure RPFC business, quality, EHS, and legislative requirements are considered during the front-end planning of all projects, and adhered to / delivered as agreed throughout execution
- Accurate forecasting and management of the site capital budget
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in senior reliability leadership roles with-in FMCG
- Minimum 5 years’ experience delivering successful projects in both equipment improvement and process improvement within FMCG organisations
- Excellent knowledge of best practice processes and ways of working within FMCG maintenance functions including: planning and scheduling, inventory store management, critical spares assessment, budget management, plant modification / change management, preventative & predictive maintenance program development / execution / optimisation, asset life cycle management, reliability reporting, and reliability improvement
- Experience delivering capital projects utilising effective project management methodologies
- Excellent internal & external stakeholder management, ability to deal with multiple stakeholders and handle competing priorities
- Demonstrated success in implementing and sustaining change management / improvements within the Engineering function of FMCG organisations
- Meat or food processing experience will be held in high regard
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent combination of trade / professional experience & tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Maintenance Management.
When you join Real Pet Food Company you have an opportunity to make a significant contribution while developing your career within an expanding FMCG company. With the continued growth of our business, this is an exciting time to join The Pack.
Please note: NO agencies will be considered during this process. We advise you to refrain from submitting unsolicited profiles