Group Finance Manager
We are a fast-growing, innovative FMCG Manufacturer with strong ethics and a love for keeping it real. Our success comes from having a great team of people behind some pet favourite brands such as Ivory Coat, Farmers Market, Nature’s Gift, Trilogy & Fussy Cat!
This is where you come in…
In this critical leadership role, the Group Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity of financial & statutory reporting and tax compliance processes. The role requires a pro-active, collaborative style to drive best practice financial controls across the Group. As well as providing coaching, support and career development to one direct report.
We are a fast paced, industry leading business, with a key focus on growth. The successful candidate will be someone that thrives in this environment.
- Management of monthly GL Close process, ensuring it is accurate and in line with agreed timeline
- Consolidations for multiple entities across various jurisdictions and ensuring correct treatment under relevant accounting standards
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts in a timely manner
- Intercompany accounting and reconciliations
- Coordinating quarterly balance sheet reviews across the Group
- Leases accounting
- Review of payroll accounting
- Lead the preparation of annual financial accounts for the RPFC Group
- Support debt covenant reporting
- Assist with preparation and completion of annual income tax returns, annual FBT returns, and monthly BAS statements, and tax calculations for entities within the RPFC Group.
- Assist Financial Controller in “continuous improvement” initiatives and projects
- Provide coaching and leadership to direct reports to ensure they are developing and have clear growth pathways for their career development
The ideal candidate:
- Proven experience in accounting as a Finance Manager or similar role
- Experience managing financial risk and ensuring the integrity of financial & statutory reporting
- Demonstrated understanding of the tax compliance process
- Experience in Manufacturing or FMCG industries preferred by not essential
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), also high level interpersonal skills and sound judgment
- Excellent stakeholder management, ability to deal with multiple stakeholders and handle competing priorities
- The ability to influence, manage and challenge ideas and existing business processes
- Experience implementing systems &/or process changes and training
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Bachelor degree in the field of accounting, finance or relevant field from a reputable University
- CPA or other relevant qualification
When you join Real Pet Food Company you have an opportunity to make a significant contribution while developing your career within an expanding FMCG company. We offer a flexible work environment with hybrid office/work from arrangements and great opportunities for career development and the autonomy to drive your own progression. With the continued growth of our business, this is an exciting time to join the RPF pack.
Our head office Crows Nest is pet friendly, so bring your Dog or Cat to work with you, or simply spend time with our extended family.
Please note: NO agencies will be considered during this process. We advise you to refrain from submitting unsolicited profiles